The aim of this tutorial is to show you the basics of PHP so that you could be able to:-
- Customize PHP scripts so that they fits your needs.
- Understand the way PHP works.
- To be able to design your own PHP projects.
Php - What is it?
PHP's home, PHP.net, said
"PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language. Much of its syntax is borrowed from C, Java and Perl with a couple of unique PHP-specific features thrown in. The goal of the language is to allow web developers to write dynamically generated pages quickly."
It is a good definition of PHP but it would be easier to think in terms of what it can do.PHP can do the followings:
- Less time to create large websites
- Create pages customized to user's preferences based on data gathered from them.
- Create online tools. see PHP - HotScripts for examples of the great things that are possible with PHP.
- Creation of shopping carts for e-commerce websites etc --
What You Should Know
Having basic understanding and experience in the followings will help a lot:
- HTML - Know the syntax and especially HTML Forms.
- Basic programming knowledge - If you have any other programming experience, learning PHP will be easier.
This tutorial is intended for introduction to PHP.
Don't try and take in too fast, take a break often.Let the information sinks in.