- Name: 김아중 / Kim Ah Joong (Gim Ah Jung)
- Profession: Actress, singer, and model
- Birthdate: 1982-Oct-16 (age 37)
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Height: 170cm
- Weight: 48kg
- Star sign: Libra
- Blood type: O
- Talent agency: King Entertainment
About Kim Ah Joong
Kim Ah-jung is a well-known and beautiful Korean actress/model who rose to stardom from her roles in numerous films and commercials. Her most known role as a large girl (Han-na) who undergoes cosmetic surgery makeover to become a pop sensation in the highly successful 2006 South Korean comedy movie 200 Pounds Beauty. For her leading role in 200 Pounds Beauty, she was awarded Best Actress in the 2007 Grand Bell Awards. Prior to that, she previously appeared in few other TV series including the popular The Bizarre Bunch in 2005 by KBS. As well as major commercials and continues to model.
Kim also is one of the most featured models in South Korean advertisements.
- 2009 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Mini Series - Actress (That Fool)
- 2007 44th Grand Bell Awards: Korea Popularity Award ("200 Pounds Beauty")
- 2007 44th Grand Bell Awards: Best Actress Award ("200 Pounds Beauty")
- 2007 6th Digital Music Awards: Song of the Month
- 2007 Elle Style Awards Asia: Hot Face
- 2007 3rd Rising Star Awards
- 2006 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards: Popularity Award (The Bizarre Bunch)
- 2005 KBS Drama Awards: Best New Actress Award (The Bizarre Bunch)
- Education: Hwikyung Girls' High School, Dongduk Women's University (Journalism)
- Languages: Korean and English
- Religion: Roman Catholic (Christian name: Maria)
- In her movie 200 Pounds of Beauty she really sang the songs "Maria", "Beautiful Girls" and "Byul". It was her actual voice.