- Title: 닥터 진 / Dak-teo Jin
- Also known as: 타임슬립 닥터 진 / Time Slip Dr. Jin
- Genre: Period, medical, time travel, romance, fantasy
- Episodes: 22
- Broadcast network: MBC
- Broadcast period: 2012-May-26 to 2012-Aug-12
- Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:50
- Original Soundtrack: Dr. Jin OST
- Related TV show: JIN (TBS, 2009), JIN 2 (TBS, 2011)
Jin Hyuk is a genius neurosurgeon with a cold and severe attitude in his interactions with other people due to his personal pursuit of perfection. Through a mysterious power, Jin Hyuk finds himself transported back in time 150 years. He begins treating people there, but the lack of necessary implements and rudimentary medical knowledge of the period forces him to seek new ways to aid the sick. Through this challenging process, Jin Hyuk eventually becomes a genuine doctor.
- Main Cast
- Extended Cast
- 2013 8th Seoul International Drama Awards: Outstanding Korean Drama OST - "Living Like A Dream" (Dr. Jin OST Part 1) by Kim Jae Joong
- 2012 MBC Drama Awards: New Actor Award (Kim Jae Joong)
See Dr. Jin/Episode Ratings
- This drama is based on the Japanese seinen manga "Jin" by Motoka Murakami, which was published by Shueisha from 2000 to 2010.
- This Korean series is the third television drama adaptation of the manga following the Japanese television drama JIN, starring Osawa Takao which aired on TBS in 2009 and its sequel in 2011.
- Revamped with Korean sentiment, the setting was changed from the original's Edo period to the Joseon Dynasty, and real-life Japanese historical figure Sakamoto Ryoma was replaced with Joseon political figure Lee Ha Eung (Heungseon Daewongun).
- The drama will broadcast in Japan with a major change, as Song Seung Hoon and Park Min Young′s roles will become siblings instead of lovers.1